As manufacturing organizations start paying more attention to search engine optimization (SEO) efforts that will help them increase visibility and drive more traffic to their websites, decision makers in the industry start to realize that this shift in marketing and public relations is also a shift in the way they promote their products.
Ten years ago, writing a press release on a new innovation was enough for manufacturers to position themselves as thought leaders and build a solid reputation. Today, however, building the right strategy that encompasses brand identity, showcases new products and demonstrates customer empathy, while focusing on increasing traffic, is key.
When developing content that aligns with a solid SEO strategy, manufacturing companies must consider:
- What are your target audience’s pain points and how do these translate into keywords?
- What services are you trying to highlight and how easy is it for your audience to find them?
- What websites are you competing with?
- How important is it to showcase your awards, certifications and experience?
- Are you taking advantage of the right channels and platforms?
- Are you investing in the right tools and software?
Through public relations, these questions are easily answered, as a knowledgeable team can easily develop content specifically tailored to your audience, while communicating your message and staying true to your brand. As important as it is to develop great content for your customers and prospects, it’s equally important for your content to be relevant, easy to find and follow your company’s voice. If your content is not being found by your audience, it will be impossible to drive business success.
Is your manufacturing company ready to work with a robust manufacturing public relations team that can not only write exceptional content, but also understands how search algorithms work? To learn more about how Ripley PR can help you gain visibility through SEO, contact us at 865-977-1973.