Consumers want to connect with people and stories, B2B public relations can make that happen
Frustrated with digital ads? Well, according to recent research from Forrester, the advertising landscape is busy changing and now is a good time to rethink your marketing spend.
Forrester predicts the end of digital advertising and wrote:
It’s the end of advertising as we know it . . . at least for digital and display ads, which wasted roughly $7.4 billion in 2016 due to poor-quality ad placement. Of that ad spending, only 40% was actually seen by a real human. Meanwhile, a growing number of US online adults have installed ad blockers to avoid these types of interruptions.
So what did their findings indicate?
- Consumers are weary of ads interrupting their digital experience. People don’t engage with digital ads and 39 percent of U.S. online adults have installed an ad blocker.
- 50 percent of U.S. online adults avoid ads on websites
- 47 percent actively avoid mobile in-app ads
- 67 percent of consumers trust online reviews compared to only 47 percent that trust ads next to search results
- Consumers want to connect with people and stories
Major advertisers have frozen spending and marketers are returning to the power of storytelling.
Enter B2B public relations.
PR professionals, like Ripley PR, can help your company manage your reputation and tell your company’s story so consumers will want to connect with you. This includes:
- Reviews management
- Case studies
- Content creation
- Social media
- Media relations and more.
Learn more about the power of storytelling with B2B public relations by contacting Ripley PR today.